Take the guesswork out of design and master the user interface design process
• Apply a logical set of steps that will bring clarity to your UI design process
• Develop more efficiently and effectively
• Create beautiful, effective designs that users will love to use.
How to prepare a design users will love
In order to create a wonderful user experience, it’s important to properly lay the groundwork. It can be tempting to dive right in and start the visual design, but there are quite a few things to do first, which will impact the quality of the final product.
To prepare a design users will love, you need to understand how to apply basic design principles, such as:
- hierarchy, grouping, and whitespace
- how to gather requirements and organize them into a coherent workflow, and
- how to sketch some options, make refinements, and make a prototype.
What you will learn
In this course, you’ll learn about important design principles and how they apply to FileMaker development, how to gather requirements and define the scope of your design, and some methods of generating preliminary designs.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish important design principles that form an effective layout
- Determine user stories and define project goals, providing you with a roadmap for development
- Generate preliminary designs to maximize your creativity
I want to share what I know about user interface design for FileMaker.
Design has been the foundation of my career and success in FileMaker development. I’m proud to have the opportunity to share my knowledge with others, including you!
As a FileMaker developer, you often have a profound impact on people’s daily work. So it’s important to get things right. Creating a design that exceeds users’ expectations is the most rewarding part of my job.
People love how easy it is to create solutions in FileMaker—fast. Now I want everyone to learn to love design, too.
Why should you take this course?
Investing in your design skills is an investment in yourself. Learning how to design better apps improves the quality of the work you produce. Projects run more smoothly because you know exactly what decisions you need to make, and when.
You’ll be able to deliver better and more effective products that delight clients, boosting customer loyalty and ensuring repeat business. It’s a win-win!
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for one year from the date you sign up – across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.